Travelers, rejoice! On October 22, 2021, the Canadian government removed the “Avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada” advisory. Are you ready to start planning your next trip?
2021 is already almost over, and we are seeing more and more destinations around the world relaxing their COVID-19 restrictions. Currently, there are many countries that are accepting Canadian tourists, with more being added constantly.
Entry Requirements for Returning to Canada
If you are fully vaccinated, there is no longer a 14-day quarantine required upon returning to Canada, but requirements to show proof of vaccination and a 72-hour negative PCR test are still in effect.
Read on to discover the destinations opening up soon to Canadians, as well as some destinations that have just recently opened to Canadian travelers!
Enjoy shimmering white-sand beaches shaded by coconut palms and teeming with colorful beach bars. Anguilla is a Caribbean dream come true, with its crystal-clear waters and vibrant reefs that offer fantastic snorkeling, glass-bottomed kayaking, sailing, and more.
Anguilla is getting ready for winter tourism by reducing COVID-19 testing costs from $200.00 to $50.00 and removing its “day 4” COVID-19 test requirement!
- All travelers must present proof vaccination plus a negative COVID-19 test result taken between two and five days prior to arrival.
- Travelers are tested on arrival and are required to stay in place at their hotel, licensed villa, or other rental accommodations while the test is processed, usually within 24 hours.
Each place in Barbados has a story, every meal is a celebration, and each day promises new experiences, discoveries, and memories to last a lifetime. With fantastic beaches, Barbados is an island that has it all. In addition to fine powdery sand and amazing turquoise bays, you’ll find exciting nightlife, a Unesco World Heritage-listed capital, and more! Travelers will discover that Barbados is the kind of place you want to return to, time and time again.
The island has recently removed its quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travelers as well as its mandatory second PCR test. But all travelers still must travel with a valid negative, standard COVID-19 PCR test result.
Canadians must also complete an Online Immigration/Customs form 24-72 hours prior to their arrival in Barbados.
There are memories to be made wherever you go in the Cayman Islands. Adventure-seekers can enjoy world-class diving, snorkeling, fishing, sailing, and watersports. Enjoy a food tour through the robust Culinary Capital of the Caribbean.
You’ll find whatever it is you’re looking for here, whether it is a trip to visit the friendly inhabitants of Stingray City, unforgettable horseback riding on the beach, a visit to see the Blue Iguanas at the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, or a journey into the past at Pedro St. James. The Cayman Islands are the perfect setting for a romantic getaway, an adventure with the whole family, and more!
The Cayman Islands will reopen to fully vaccinated travelers on November 20, 2021 with no quarantine required after arrival. All travelers must apply for and obtain approval for entry from Travel Cayman.
Upon receipt of the approval, the verified travelers must present proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of arrival, as well as vaccination proof. Children who are not vaccinated will not be able to come to the islands without quarantining. In a future phase of the Cayman Islands’ reopening plan, unvaccinated children will be allowed to enter without quarantine.
Pre-pandemic, Cambodia was emerging as one of Southeast Asia’s most fascinating destinations. Laidback and charming, home of the once-mighty Angkor Empire, it offers gorgeous landscapes, amazing historical monuments, and delicious street food.
Vaccinated foreign tourists will soon be able to visit once again, starting with the beach and party spots of Sihanoukville and Koh Rong Island, as well as the China-developed resort of Dara Sakor, reopening on November 30. The country’s biggest attraction, though, is the city of Siem Reap and the legendary Buddhist temple complex of Angkor Wat. Foreign visitors will have to wait until January 2022 to explore the archaeological wonder.
- All foreign nationals are required to possess a Health Certification indicating a negative COVID-19 status within 72 hours prior to the date of departure.
- All foreign nationals must provide proof of Health Insurance Documents with a minimum medical coverage of 50,000.00 USD
The majority of Cuba’s tourists gravitate to the attractive arcs of white sand that dot the country’s north coast and offshore islands. Explore beyond the beaches and you will feel like you’ve been teleported to a different land, from lush forests and crocodile-infested swamps to abandoned coffee plantations and rugged mountains!
Having now vaccinated most of its population with its homegrown vaccines (which is still under review by the World Health Organization), the Caribbean country of Cuba is preparing to open its borders and ease entry requirements by November 15!
- Visitors will need just proof of vaccination or a recent PCR test to enter the country.
- The Cuban Tourism Ministry recently announced that as of Nov. 15, Canadians with proof of vaccination won’t have to take a test before heading to the country. Children under 12 are exempt from the PCR test and proof of vaccination.
Fiji’s famously friendly people love welcoming visitors to their islands.
You’ll find adventure waiting for you in lush rainforests or fish-filled lagoons where you can swim, ride rapids, trek rural roads, and surf-world class waves to your heart’s content. Or, simply tune out the world and laze in a hammock on the beach for a bit. Mild or wild, it’s really up to you. From family fun to romantic escapes, adventure tours, and luxury private charters, Fiji’s got you covered!
Fiji is currently only open to fully vaccinated travelers.
- It is required that everyone over 12 years old obtains a negative RT PCR Test taken 72 hours before you board your flight to Fiji
- Tourists traveling to Fiji don’t have to worry about quarantining, but they will need to take a mandatory Rapid COVID-19 test at a CFC-certified resort 48 hours after arrival in the islands.
- All travelers who visit Fiji will need to stay at a Care Fiji Committed accommodation. Make sure you have documented proof of a confirmed 3-night CFC booking before your flight.
One of the oldest civilizations in the world, India is a mosaic of multicultural experiences. With a rich heritage and countless attractions, the country is among the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It extends from the snow-covered Himalayan heights to the tropical rain forests of the south. As the 7th largest country in the world, India stands apart from the rest of Asia, marked off as it is by mountains and the sea.
On Oct. 7, India’s Ministry of Home Affairs announced that the country will begin allowing foreign tourists arriving by commercial flights will be allowed into India as of Nov. 15.
- Visitors must obtain a new tourist visa ahead of their trip
- Travellers must present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departure to India.
St. Maarten/St. Martin
If you associate the Caribbean with a laid-back atmosphere, a tranquil beach, and a quiet sunset, then you haven’t been to lively St. Martin and St. Maarten. What’s the best part of visiting this dual-governed island? You can get a taste of two distinct, dynamic cultures all for the price of one vacation!
St. Martin and St. Maarten still have a stress-free vibe – catch a few morning rays on a quiet Dutch-side beach and later, take a leisurely afternoon stroll through a French-side mountain the opportunities are endless.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will not require a COVID-19 test to enter St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The St. Maarten SXM Protection Plan is mandatory health coverage for all visitors. The plan covers:
- Hospital costs
- ICU costs
- Doctor consultations
- Covid-19 tests
- Medical evacuation.
- All visitors must complete the health pre-authorization application through the Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS)
- Submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before arrival or antigen test taken 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Once approved, travelers receive a pre-authorization e-mail that contains a QR code showing vaccination status and Covid test results.
On November 1st Thailand reopened 10 new popular destinations, including all areas of Bangkok, Krabi, and Phang-Nga, and designated areas in Chiang Mai, among many others. By January, we should have a pretty good idea about whether a normal-ish spring trip to Asia will be possible.
Continuing with caution, Thailand released a comprehensive reopening roadmap, a four-month, four-tiered plan that started October 1st and runs through January, opening new destinations every thirty days and reducing the mandatory quarantine for travelers.
- Travelers have to provide proof of COVID-19-specific travel insurance covering at least $50,000, and a negative test result taken before their trip.
- Beginning Nov. 1, fully vaccinated visitors from Canada will be allowed to visit top destinations in Thailand such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Pattaya, without quarantine.
- Travelers will have to fill out Thailand Health Declarations a travel authorization that works as an important requirement to contain the spread of the COVID-19 in the country
- They’ll also need to take an additional COVID-19 test upon arrival in Thailand.
Vietnam won’t fully reopen its borders until the summer of next year but plans to welcome some vaccinated tourists to major cities by December. The country hopes to have its borders fully open by June 2022!
There’s more to Vietnam than the traditional image of rice paddies and conical hats. Here you’ll find a country bursting with energy! You’ll feel it in the activity on the streets and in the way Vietnamese welcome you to their homes, invite you to taste their food, and proudly show you their rich culture.
While not yet open, at least part of Vietnam is set to open to international visitors soon.
According to the country’s government newspaper, Vietnam’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism intends to allow a limited number of preapproved travelers with vaccine passports and a negative PCR test result into some cities.
There are just seven countries left on England’s once heaving inventory of “red list” destinations – Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru, and Venezuela – and they’re all set to be removed on November 1!
This means that anyone from any country will be able to enter England, although they will still be subject to testing requirements or quarantine, depending on their vaccination status. Rules vary in the other UK nations of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated
- Book and pay for a COVID-19 test – to be taken before the end of day 2 in England
- Complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
You can choose a lateral flow test or a PCR test. You will need to enter your COVID-19 test booking reference number on your passenger locator form. If you will be in England for less than 2 days, you still need to book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test.
When you arrive in England – fully vaccinated
After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2. The day you arrive is day 0. You must book this test before you travel.
Before you travel to England – not fully vaccinated
- Take a COVID-19 test within the 3 days before you travel to England
- Book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests – to be taken after your arrival in England
- Complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated
- Quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 full days
- Take your COVID-19 PCR tests – you must book these tests before you travel
You must take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8.
LET US HELP YOU FIND YOUR NEXT DREAM VACATION SPOT
When you’re ready to explore a new or favorite destination, contact one of our TierOne Travel agents. They have extensive experience in life-changing travel experiences and will be able to craft something incredible that is suited to your unique needs.
One call; endless experiences!
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous